Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Welcome to September

Wow, where the heck did the summer go? My social media feeds are flooded with back-to-school pics, and several of my young friends are starting college this fall...COLLEGE. (How old do I feel right now) The Halloween candy is out in stores, Panera Bread is serving Pumpkin Spice lattes...It seems like autumn is just around the corner.

Sunday, I had an awesome day. I went to a park with S, L, E,and J, and we had what L is calling "Art-in-the-Park" day. I was feeling pretty good, I had a lot of energy, and the dizziness wasn't too horrific, and I was really excited to see my friends and get out of the house. We painted on canvas and chatted. It wasn't about the art, it was about the conversation, and I was so glad that we could all meet up. And we joked that my art was going to be the best because I have not one eye, but TWO eyes on my work! (Double vision and all) One eye is the artist and the other is the critic, haha!

My painting, Falling Leaves


But I think I'm paying for overdoing it. Monday and Tuesday, I was horrifically dizzy and drained. Today, my head has been splitting all day, growing increasingly worse as the day goes on. I finally had to break down and take the pain pills Dr. R prescribed. I don't care if it's going to set my treatment back, I can't take this anymore. The pain starts at the base of my head, right before my neck starts, and arches up the right side of my head to my temple. It's excruciating.

I know Dr. R said that there would be good days and bad days, and today is a very, very bad day. But there's a part of me that is starting to panic, wondering if this headache is the start of another demyelinating event, and I wonder how long I should let it go before I hit the panic button.

Tomorrow, I start vestibular therapy (that's my brain therapy, fyi), so hopefully the therapist will be able to give me a better idea of my treatment timeline, and give me some tricks and tips I can use at home to help speed my recovery time.

P/S, I updated the comment settings - some reported it wasn't letting you leave comments on posts....oops! Don't know how it happened, but it's fixed now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!