Monday, August 30, 2010

Shieldmaiden Challenge
















 For many of us, our own perceptions of ourselves form bars and cages around us; how we feel about our bodies, our weight, size and health make us doubt our own value as women and human beings. The Shieldmaiden Challenge is about freeing yourself from the cages you've created. It's not about losing weight; it's about setting your own personal goal for health and working at your own pace to become the strongest Shieldmaiden you can be.



 September begins the Shieldmaiden Challenge for me. I took it about 5 years ago, and when I was complete, I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I felt. Not thinner, it's not about losing weight, though that is a side effect, but STRONGER. More confident. AMAZING.

How The Challenge works is simple; travel your own path and count the miles on your journey. It doesn't matter if you walk, run, meander, hike, bike, swim, skate; if you can count the miles, you can take the challenge. The Shieldmaiden Challenge follows the path of The Fellowship all the way through The Lord of the Rings. The first leg of the journey is 458 miles - the distance from Bag End to Rivendell, but you can continue on long beyond that! There are no fees, no weird public weigh ins, and no scary diet plans - this is simply about a group of friends encouraging eachother along their path to better health.

So what say you? Do you want to join me?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting... I'm intrigued. Let's talk more about this soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!